Meet the Librarians
Carlene Drake, Library Director
Elisa Cortez, Allied Health; Dentistry
Lori Curtis, Archives & Special Collections
Warren Johns, Religion; Earth & Biological Sciences
Shirley Rais, Public Health
Gurmeet Sehgal, Medicine; Pharmacy
Shanalee Tamares, Psychology; Social Work; Counseling & Family Science
Nelia Wurangian, Nursing
For more information on the library liaison program, click here.
The Del E. Webb Library at Loma Linda University is dedicated to supporting curriculum outcomes and competencies. To this end, we offer instruction that strengthens skills in information literacy, technology literacy, and critical thinking so students may execute information management and research tasks necessary for academic success.
We offer flexible collaboration, tailoring instruction to meet subject specific needs of your students, assignments, and different levels of expertise. We encourage you to contact your library liaison to set up library instruction sessions to meet your needs.
Please click on the tabs above to learn more about the different types of sessions the library offers.
Information literate individuals are able to...
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the
use of information, and access and use information ethically and
Source: Information literacy competency standards for higher education. (2000).
Retrieved [August 21, 2009] from http://www.acrl.org/