An electronic reference about the Earth, its natural environments, and their interaction with society. The Encyclopedia is a free, fully searchable collection of articles written by scholars, professionals, educators, and experts.
Contains a variety of open access resources that provide a rigorous and balanced scientific view on environmental issues and their potential consequences--from such agencies and individuals as:
• United States Climate Change Science Program
• National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme
• Climate Change and Agriculture and Food Security
• Earth System Science Partnership
• and more!
Science.gov serves as portal to more than 42 scientific databases and more than 2000 scientific websites from organizations with 14 federal science agencies. To search for images, select the Image Search link under Special Collections.