Get personalized tutorials on the following topics, resources, and tools:
- Orientation to the resources - get a brief overview of the physical and digital resources available to you. This may include the navigating the library site, library catalog, My Account, journal portal, databases (100+), finding resources beyond LLU--Interlibrary Loan/Link+, finding full-text, and more!
- PubMed essentials - learn the basics of searching PubMed (Medline) including keyword searching, limits, history, PubMed Search Builder, and an introduction of Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
- PubMed; beyond the essentials - use PubMed to its fullest by learning about My NCBI, a tool that will allow you to save and manage your searches and records, filter results by subject, create automatic email alerts, and more. Also, learn about importing your results into EndNote.
- EndNote and Endnote Web - This is a reference management software package used to manage bibliographies and references. Endnote Web is the Web version of the software. You can transfer references and file attachments to your EndNote Web account from Endnote to share groups with other EndNote users easily and manage references. EndNote is a bibliography maker. Its Cite While You Write™ feature make citing and formatting references easier.
- EBSCO databases - learn about the EBSCO platform and best practices for searching the different databases.
- Essential searching - get tips for searching the catalog, databases, and Google Scholar. Topics include subject searching vs. keyword, boolean, finding fulltext, finding and using images, and more!
- Searching; beyond the essentials - learn the tips and tricks of searching for literature review purposes, evidence based practice, cited reference searching, and more!