Please click on the link below to see a chart comparing the content in ClinicalKey to MDConsult.
MDConsult personal accounts will not transfer over. You will need to create a new ClinicalKey personal login account for personalized features and a more customized ClinicalKey experience.
You will need a personal account in order to take advantage of many of the platform features, including getting PDFs of book chapters, creating personal reading lists, or downloading items for presentations.
Create an account by clicking on "Register" when you access ClinicalKey.
The Loma Linda University Libraries now has an enterprise-wide site license to Elsevier’s ClinicalKey information resource which replaces Elsevier’s MDConsult. ClinicalKey includes the MDConsult database but also adds hundreds of additional eBooks, eJournals, guidelines, videos, images, First Consult, Procedures Consult, and more into one platform with expanded content:
· Books – over 1,025 of Elsevier’s medical and surgical reference books
· Journals – over 500 of Elsevier’s medical and surgical journals
· Procedures Consult – all Procedures Consult content and associated procedural videos in various specialties
· First Consult – over 800 Point-of-Care clinical monographs
· Drug Monographs – over 2,800 clinical pharmacology drug monographs from Gold Standard
· Patient Education – over 15,000 patient education handouts
· Clinical Trials – all clinical trials from the ClinicalTrials.gov database
· Practice Guidelines – over 4,000 practice guidelines
· MEDLINE – fully indexed MEDLIINE abstracts
· Multimedia – over 13,000 medical and surgical videos and over 5 million images
· Vitals (Beta): over 500 surgical monographs
The direct link to ClinicalKey is: http://www.clinicalkey.com. This link is available from the Library's catalog, the Database A-Z listing, and on One Portal's Clinical Desktop.
A Mobile App is not yet available, but ClinicalKey is available via a web browser on your smartphone or tablet. Here’s how to get remote access:
1. Access through the library’s proxy server if you have a library account. The link to ClinicalKey is in the Databases alphabetical listing under "C" , OR
2. Set up a personal ClinicalKey account:
a. Obtain a Registration ID and Password from the University Library by contacting the University Library at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or mailto:email@example.com using an LLU e-mail address extension. Please do not use any personal e-mail accounts such as @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, or @gmail.com when making the request.
b. Go to http://www.clinicalkey.com/register
c. Enter the Registration ID and password that has been provided.
d. Click “Continue”
e. If you do NOT have an existing personal login for ClinicalKey click the" Register Now" link and go to the next step below (f). If you already have a personal login for ClinicalKey, ScienceDirect, or other SciVerse products, enter your username and password and click “Submit”. You will now have remote access to ClinicalKey. Your MDConsult login will not work with ClinicalKey.
f. Complete all fields in the Registration page and submit. You will now have remote access to ClinicalKey.